FAQ: Frequently asked questions
- Who is NicLine?
- What is an RSP service?
- What type of businesses is RSP service aimed at?
- What advantages does NicLine offer with regards to other registrars?
- What type of domains does NicLine supply?
- Can I register IDNs with NicLine?
- Do RSP tools let me automate my business?
- Will I be independent? Will my clients know of NicLine?
- I am already an RSP, How do I begin to register domains?
- How can I become an RSP?
- Do I have to make a large initial investment?
- Where can I find information on rates?
- What type of payment method does NicLine offer?
- Will I have to pay commissions on my sales?
- Can I retrieve an expired domain?
- How can I improve the purchase price on my domains?
- Why are they so cheap?
1. Who is NicLine?
NicLine is a European company selling domainnames to Registry Service Poviders- RSPs.
NicLine is one of Europe's ICANN-Accredited fastest growing registrars since December 2001 today managing a 370.000+ domain portfolio.
2. What is an RSP service?
RSP (Registry Service Provider) is a tool specifically designed to allow ISP and domain wholesalers manage and resell user domains to end consumers or for the creation and administration of their own wholesale domain distribution channels
For Wholesale and individual domain management, RSP has two types of tools:
- An RSP Control Panel that allows for the administration of your client portfolio.
- A Wholesaler’s Extranet that allows them to manage their domains´ account.
3. What type of businesses is RSP service aimed at?
RSP is a complete and flexible service with many possible functions, making it the perfect solution for different business models:
- ISPs that want to expand their business to the wholesale market
- Wholesalers dedicated to the sale of domains to end users
- Hosting companies who want to include end user sales to their sales offer
- Patent offices and brands managing corporate domain portfolios
- Web design and publicity agencies that want to offer domain registrar services as an addition to their services
4. What advantages does NicLine offer with regards to other registrars?
By contracting RSP service with NicLine:
- You will have access to the best prices on the market and exclusive discounts from the first purchase in the most popular domain extensions on the Internet.
- You will have access to transparent management tools that are easy to use, flexible and evolve with your business.
- You will also enjoy all service options (change of owner, API, support in 4 languages) without additional charges and without commissions for sales made.
5. What type of domains does NicLine supply?
NicLine offers generic domain extensions like .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi as well as the ccTLD extensions .ws, .eu, .es, .fr, .tv, .cc, .tel and .be, making up the most requested domains on the Internet (80% of the registered domains in the world use generic extensions .com, .net...).
6. Can I register IDNs with NicLine?
Yes, NicLine´s domain management tools include the option of registering IDN domains (Multi-language) .com, .net, .tv, .cc and .ws at the same price of the ASCII domain. From now on the extension .org also offers IDN but only available for the Spanish alphabet.
7. Do RSP tools let me automate my business?
Yes, the RSP service includes a Wholesale API free of charge with application samples already developed so that the client can implement the operations of registration, transferring, modification... directly from their own page.
8. Will I be independent? Will my clients know of NicLine?
NicLine is transparent and will not exist for the wholesalers (RSP clients) or, of course, for the end domain users:
- Each RSP can personalise the Control Panel that the wholesalers see by applying custom styles and their own logo.
- The WHOIS is also personalised, so that the RSP can show their data in the WHOIS queries.
9. I am already an RSP, How do I begin to register domains?
If you already have an RSP account with NicLine, you simply have to contact our support department at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to charge your account with the amount needed.
10. How can I become an RSP?
By simply entering our contract page and registering your RSP account.
Furthermore, you may access the special offers in the registration service.
11. Do I have to make a large initial investment?
You do not have to make a large initial investment to work with NicLine. Only with the minimum deposit of $100 you can run your domain distribution business.
12. Where can I find information on rates?
Find all the information on rates and available discounts in our Prices section.
We also invite you to compare our offer with the competition in order to see that our prices are the best on the market.
13. What type of payment method does NicLine offer?
Our payment method is through bank transfers in US dollars to the NicLine account or by credit card payment: Paypal (+3% commission) or 4B.
14. Will I have to pay commissions on my sales?
No, the RSP is free to establish his own resale prices for his domains and does not have to pay commissions or taxes on the sales made.
15. Can I retrieve an expired domain?
If a domain registered through NicLine is not renewed, it remains expired for 30 days after the expiration date. During this period, the domain can be renewed at any time for the usual price from the Wholesaler’s Extranet.
After this 30 day period, NicLine removes the domain from its database, so it changes to REDEMPTION PERIOD status, in which the domain remains for 30 days. During this phase it is still possible to renew the domain by requesting us to restore it before the Registry, who has set a penalty fee for these cases. Such exceptional restoration results in the following cost:
Renewal price Redemption Period domains
|RSP level|| .com .net .org
.info .biz .tv .cc ws
16. How can I improve the purchase price on my domains?
As a function of the total amount of balance transfers for the previous year (the last 365 days), we will give you a client level (Initial, Basic, Professional or VIP) for which you receive discounts on the price per domain. For each transfer made to your debit account balance, the balance will be updated and when changing the client level, we will improve your price per domain.
17. Why are they so cheap?
NicLine works with a large volume of domains, thus we can offer very competitive prices relative to the majority of the mid to small sized companies on the Internet.